At Pasadena Villa, we understand it can be challenging to find a treatment center to meet the unique needs of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism Care & Support offers individuals with autism a therapeutic, evidence-based foundation built on a solution-focused and family systems model.
Autism Care & Support admission is open to adult males 18 years of age and older and depends on the needs of each individual and their family. Following a comprehensive assessment process, that includes admission to Pasadena Villa Smoky Mountain Lodge, clients must meet the following criteria.
- Prior diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Recent deterioration of functioning in real-world social functioning, work, school, social interactions with others, or self-care.
- Restorative potential exists that could reasonably be expected to enable the individual to return to a baseline level of functioning and or improve.
- The individual’s condition is such that he can participate in the program and accomplish program objectives.
- Upon admittance, the treatment team will work with the individual, family, and referent when appropriate to create an individualized plan for care and determine the transition date to the program.
Once the assessment is complete, the multidisciplinary team, participant, family, and referent, if applicable, will work together to customize a treatment plan and determine the transition to Autism Care & Support.